Sunday, August 17, 2014

My brain today 8/17



I just figured out how to use this blog thing.  So here goes.  It'll be a mix of my thoughts on worldly issues, parenting epiphanies, and basically whatever is on my mind.  :D Have fun!   (mild language at times)

I've been doing a lot of thinking what kind of mother I am.  Sometimes I feel like I'm a bombass mom and then I'm like I'm so horrible.  My kids are 3, 5, and 7.

In the morning, my older two will be going to school.  It's the first time two will be out of the house all day.  I'm not going to know what to do with myself.  But I think I've figured it out.

We've lived in our house for three years now.  I made sure the kids are able to get to the things they need (drink, food, whatever).  That way they don't have to wait for me to get what they want.  We don't have a structured day.  The kids wake up on "non-school" days and pretty much get to do whatever they want.  They get fruit when they're hungry or make themselves a sandwich.  They have access to ice water through the fridge.  I never thought this was a bad thing. I always thought it taught them independence.  No parent is perfect.  Thinking back, I always got what I needed for myself.  Why shouldn't my kids be able to?  You have those maternally inclined mothers that dote on their kids and wipe their tushes with cashmere diapers.  You have tough love mothers.  I think of myself as a tough love mother.  I always wanted to be a mother.  My idea of what it was about and my reality are different, but you can't focus on that though.

My kids are all happy and healthy, and that alone makes me proud.  Among other things.  I spend quality time with all of them daily.  They are awesome!  And they adore me.

Where am I going with this?  There are definitely things I can improve on.  And ways to do this are in the back of my mind.  I've stopped being an open book, so if you've started reading this thinking your gonna get some entertainment, I'm sorry.

One thing I'm excited about is I've started printing little bible verses and cute little coloring pages to teach the girls some basic christian living.  I didn't grow up with those types of things so I'm hoping to instill some decent values in them.   I hope they grow up to love themselves and everyone else.  I hope they keep their promises to God.  Seeing as I didn't, I'm not sure how to teach all of this to them.  I want to be a Godly role model for them.  I want them to feel like they can come to me for things.  I am their mother, not their friend.  It scares me to bring them up in this horrible world we live in and I've not got my life together and I'm stumbling through life thinking I'm raising well rounded little ladies.  One can only pray.

I hope you enjoyed an insight into my brain.   Comment as you like.  Negative comments won't be deleted, but they won't be replied to for future reference.  Can't promise this will always be a pleasant read.

No comments:

Post a Comment